Therapy for Individuals in Vancouver BC | Francesbrowncounselling.com
Frances Brown: Registered Professional Counsellor in North Vancouver and West Vancouver, BC
My Passion for Being a Therapist
My journey to becoming a therapist began in my childhood. I had a sibling with a mental health issue, and my parents didn’t know how to help her.
There were few services available at the time, and those that existed weren’t successful at helping my sister and our family.
My early experiences of despair and helplessness in trying to help my family motivated me to seek counselling as an adult to understand and heal from my childhood experiences.
Eventually, this led me to want to become a counsellor. I wanted to break the cycle of multi-generational painful problems in families. I wanted to transform troublesome experiences into opportunities for positive change.
My path to becoming a counsellor has been lifelong – a moving, inspiring and infinitely rewarding journey. I’m passionate about supporting others who seek a happier life for themselves and their loved ones.
Being a therapist is a sacred privilege. It’s incredibly inspiring and gratifying to be with people in places of deep vulnerability and witness their shift from despair to hope.
As clients allow me deeper into their world, I experience a significant connection with them.
My Mission as a Therapist
I aim to help my clients:
- Discover a world of expanded possibilities
- Strengthen their connections with the important people in their lives
- Experience more joyful lives and relationships
- Create greater peace in their lives, which leads to more peace in their families, communities, and the society in which they belong.
- Create a secure generation of young people by enabling parents to bring a greater sense of safety and security to relationships
8 Reasons You May Want to Work with Me
- I bring over 30 years of experience as a teacher, client in counselling and counsellor.
- I have done a tremendous amount of personal work for over 3 decades that has dramatically enhanced the quality of my life. My experience gives me a felt experience that I use to help my clients see what’s possible.
- I’m compassionate, authentic and non-judgmental.
- I bring a gentle, warm kind of attunement to my clients that’s calming and reassuring.
- I offer a non-pathologizing approach. I help you process, normalize and understand your experiences and work towards self-acceptance and self-love.
- I have experience with diverse populations (e.g., 2SLGBTQQIA+, First Nations, South and East Asian, African Heritage, Middle Eastern, and more).
- I’m experienced in a range of therapy approaches that I draw on to tailor our work to your unique needs.
- I’m highly trained and experienced in one of the most successful and fastest-growing approaches for couples therapy – Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT).
With you, Fran, I hit the jackpot! It’s been like night and day. I feel so relieved, so peaceful.
– Former Client
Great session last week! Some very powerful insights, and more pieces coming each day. It’s very exciting to working with you, Fran!
– Former Client
Thank you so much for your listening and guidance in your work with me lately.You are an exceptional person and a great counsellor.
– Former Client
- Bachelor of Music, UBC, Vancouver, University of BC
- Diploma, Education of Children with Learning Disabilities, University of BC
- Ed. Masters of Education, University of Hartford, Connecticut
- Registered Professional Counsellor #2159, Canadian Professional Counsellor Association
- Master Therapeutic Counsellor #2045, Association of Cooperative Counselling Therapists
Counselling and Related Training
- Clearmind International Institute – 3 Year Counselor Training Program, Langley, BC
At Clearmind, I trained in many key approaches to counselling, including transpersonal Psychology, Family Systems Theory, Rogerian/ Person-Centered Therapy, Gestalt Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), and Neurolinguistic Programming.
Most of these approaches are used worldwide by therapists and have extensive research supporting their effectiveness.
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) for Couples, Individuals and Families.
EFT is a highly successful method validated by over 20 years of scientific research attesting to its high success rate.
I’ve spent hundreds of hours over the past 10 years training and practicing Emotionally Focused Therapy.
- Non-violent Communication (NVC) Training, Developed by Dr. Marshall Rosenberg.
NVC helps people resolve conflict peacefully and effectively.
- Re-evaluation Counselling (RC).
RC is a method of peer-based counselling.
- I’ve completed dozens of specific therapy classes on a wide range of topics and continue to do training regularly.
Professional Counselling Experience
- Counsellor at Steadfast Counselling for 7 years in North Vancouver, BC
- Support Group leader at Clearmind Institute, Vancouver, BC
- Private practice since 2014, North Vancouver, BC
Personal Interests and Passions
When I’m not helping my clients, I enjoy playing the violin (I used to play in an orchestra), swimming, reading and hiking.
I’m also passionate about spending time with my two granddaughters.
* I offer counselling online via teleconference.
Phone or Text: 604.219.2690
©Copyright 2023.All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer : This advertisement and the information related to it are provided and maintained by the advertiser. Atipes.com is not responsible and can not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of this advertisement. Please note that every advertisement for rent or for sale should at a minimum, display the energy performance rating of the property. See our Flats and Housing Posting Rules for more information.
Avoid scams: Signs of fraud: wire transfer, money orders, cashier checks, payment via gift cards, shipping, escrow, "transaction protection", "guarantee". Be safe by dealing locally.