Humak University of Applied Sciences is a national university of applied sciences that operates in the whole of Finland, being the country’s biggest educator in its fields.
We offer degree programmes and courses in the following fields:
- youth work,
- organizational work,
- work community development,
- adventure and outdoor education,
- cultural management,
- interpreting and linguistic accessibility.
Humak has about 2000 degree students and about 160 experts in various positions. Finland’s unique open university of applied sciences system and Humak’s extensive online training make high-quality academic studies available to everyone with affordable costs regardless of students’ background. Thousands of students take advantage of our wide selection of online courses every year.
Humak’s Open University of Applied Sciences (Open UAS) offers various courses for developing different skills. Open UAS courses are available for everyone, they are well suited for people interested in higher education, people looking to supplement their skill sets or people thinking of a career change. Many of the Open UAS courses can be completed as flexible online studies.
You can attend single courses or larger study modules comprised of multiple courses. The courses are part of our Bachelor’s or Master’s level degree studies. You can also study introductory courses or pathway studies leading up to a degree. Open UAS studies are available for everyone despite previous education or age. A student of the Open University of Applied Sciences receives the right to study limited in time and content.
Open UAS studies
- Serve as introductory studies to the fields of cultural manager, interpreter and community education.
- Help develop professional skill sets.
- Are useful if you’re looking to apply as a Humak degree student, Open UAS studies are eligible to be credited as part of a degree.
- Course credits may be beneficial during joint application.
- Courses are suited for people interested in developing their skills, those having a gap year or people interested in our degree programmes.
Read More About Open UAS Studies
Browse Courses and Modules
You can browse our current Open UAS studies by category on the home page.
Registration and Fees
How to Register for Open UAS Studies
- Familiarise yourself with Open UAS registration instructions and cancellation terms. Read the descriptions and possible prerequisites of the courses you are interested in.
- Register to the web store, choose a discount if applicable.
- Purchase courses from the web store during the registration period.
- Provide your personal information and a discount certificate if you have one via the personal information form. You can also find the form from the web store after your purchase.
- You’ve secured your place to study! (If previous studies are a prerequisite for the studies, the place will be confirmed when the fulfillment of the requirements has been checked.)
- Once your registration has been processed, you will get instructions via email on how to activate your Humak credentials and how to log in to the Hoodle learning environment. Course specific instructions can be found on Hoodle when the course begins.
Please note when registering
- A student of the Open University of Applied Sciences receives the right to study limited in time and content.
- The right to study for paid studies cannot be carried forward to the next academic year, for example.
- Study spots reserved for Open UAS on the webstore are not available for Humak’s degree students.
- Registration for studies completed at your own pace lasting the whole academic year are processed within two weeks of registration.
- No new registrations are processed after the entry period ends.
- Studies must be completed according to the course timetable.
- You can register for only one implementation of the same course or study module at a time.
- Do not register for studies you don’t have time to complete. Cancel your registration as soon as possible if you are unable to complete the studies.
- You can cancel your registration according to cancellation terms (see below).
Studying at the Open UAS costs 15 € per ECTS. A total purchase cap of 300 € is in effect for the entire academic year. For example:
- Study module worth 10 ECTS cost 150 €
- Path studies worth 60 ECTS cost 300 €
In addition to the tuition fee, students are responsible for any travel, meal or accommodation expenses. Other possible fees related to the studies, e.g., study material and ticket fees, are specified in course specific information. Students must also take care of possible insurances.
Discounts and Benefits
The unemployed, those laid off full-time, retired and Humak’s graduated alumni are entitled to a 50 % discount. The discount does not apply to path studies, adventure education study modules Seikkailukasvatus level 1, 2 and 3, and adventure education courses which include contact teaching. NOTE! If you are planning your studies while you are unemployed, always contact your own TE office first before registering for the studies.
Unemployed persons and those laid off full-time are eligible for discount if they are covered by Finnish social security (accepted with a certificate of unemployment, with the code 02, 03, 05, 06, 07 and 08). You must be unemployed or laid off at the time of registration. A certificate of unemployment obtained from TE offices online service is accepted. The date of the certificate must be close to the date of registration. Submit a certificate of unemployment or pension card as an attachment in the personal information form when you register for courses, or send it no later than within 7 days after registration using the form for sending attachments.
These discounts are valid for studies in the academic year 2022-2023 (studies starting no later than June 2023).
The payment cap for studies completed during an academic year (1.8.-31.7.) is 300€. Once the payment cap has been reached, you can select studies from the Open UAS free of charge.
The payment cap is personal, and possible discounts will be included in the payment cap as well. You can make use of the payment cap by registering to our web store. The payment cap calculator activates once we’ve processed your first purchase. Adventure education tuition fees are not included in the payment cap. The payment cap resets once a new academic year begins on the first of August.
Payment for the studies is made when registering. Paytrail is the payment service provider in the online store. Paytrail offers several options for payment.
Note! If you choose an invoice/paying in instalments in Paytrail, you will also enter into a financing agreement with the financial institution whose invoicing you choose. The financial institution will send you an invoice after placing the order. You are obliged to pay the full amount of the bill to the financial institution and failure to pay will result in a payment default entry. The payment agreement is between the customer and the financial institution. You can cancel your studies according to the cancellation terms.
Payment Service Provider
Paytrail Plc acts as a collecting payment service provider and is an authorized Payment Institution. Paytrail Plc will be shown as the recipient on your bank or credit card statement. Paytrail Plc will forward the payment to the merchant. For reclamations, please contact the website the payment was made to.
Business ID 2122839-7
The payer is another party, e.g., the employer
If you cannot use online banking or a credit card, you can make the payment directly into the bank account. You can ask instruction by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Organisations can also ask for invoice by sending email to email@example.com.
The web store account and academic year payment cap are customer specific. Humak does not disclose customer account information or customer IDs.
You can cancel your registration:
- 14 days before the start of studies. (see study period in product description)
- Studies completed at your own pace can be cancelled before your registration has been processed. You cannot cancel a registration after you have received instructions to activate your user ID.
The payment of the cancelled studies will be refunded. A refund will affect the academic year payment cap, and it may also affect the refunded sum.
Studies will be refunded in full if they are cancelled because of reason related to Humak, or the student does not pass the prerequirements of the studies. The payment will also be refunded if the person enrolled in the path studies becomes a selected Humak degree student before the path studies begin.
After cancelling studies, you will not have access to the learning environment or study materials. Your user ID will remain in effect for 30 days after your studies have ended.
The right to study for paid studies cannot be carried forward to the next academic year, for example. If you want to continue your unfinished studies during the next academic year, you must register and pay for the studies again via the web store, if the relevant studies are still available.
A cancellation notice must be made in written from and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The notice must include:
- Student name and contact information
- Information about studies you wish to cancel
Payments will not be returned, and instalment payments are not cancelled when:
- You don’t start your studies or finish them (no matter the reason for cancellation)
- You cancel your registration after the cancellation period has ended
- Your study or technical skills are inadequate to complete studies
UAS offered Open UAS courses are not subject to VAT for any client groups.
Study Affairs Office
tel. +385 29 451 9230
© Humak 2023
©Copyright 2023.All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer : This advertisement and the information related to it are provided and maintained by the advertiser. Atipes.com is not responsible and can not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of this advertisement. Please note that every advertisement for rent or for sale should at a minimum, display the energy performance rating of the property. See our Flats and Housing Posting Rules for more information.
Avoid scams: Signs of fraud: wire transfer, money orders, cashier checks, payment via gift cards, shipping, escrow, "transaction protection", "guarantee". Be safe by dealing locally.